Here are some of the key highlights from the latest ECB Economic Bulletin: Update on economic and monetary developments, released this Thursday.
• Interest rates are expected to remain at their present levels for an extended period of time, and well past the horizon of the net asset purchases
• An ample degree of monetary stimulus remains necessary
• Annual rates of headline inflation are likely to hover around current levels in the coming months
• Measures of underlying inflation remain subdued and are yet to show convincing signs of a sustained upward trend
• Inflation is expected to rise gradually over the medium term, supported by the ECB’s monetary policy measures and the continuing economic expansion
• Latest economic indicators point to a continuation of recent robust growth pattern in the short term